Yes, I am fulfilled. 😃
I am very fortunate to lead teams for large corporations, consult with startups to build efficient cross-functional teams, processes, and collaborative environments.
During non-working hours, I share my learnings, successes and failures with our UX community by hosting monthly events, advocating for accessibility and inclusion.
User Experience Manager
UKG - Ultimate Kronos Group
I lead a team of talented designers and researchers. My goal as their leader is to remove any obstacles and allow them to learn, grow and become new leaders.
UKG is global organization creating software for the Human Capital Management industry. I oversee teams creating experiences for its talent acquisition, performance development and learning products.
UX Community Leader
South Florida UX Community
My contribution to our local UX community ranges from organizing, speaking, mentoring, and promoting new local leaders. We are organized in different groups to help attend the entire UX spectrum and interests:
- UX+Fajitas - Focused on sharing interface design architecture and tools best practices. A group to learn Figma; Sketch; Adobe XD; Protopie; Principle; and more.
- IxDA South Florida - Local Interaction Design Association chapter. Knowledge sharing on the strategic side of UX with practitioners of service design and design thinking methodologies.
- SOFLUX (UXPA) - Bringing the industry’s best-selling authors and scholars to provide industry trends and ethical design topics.
- Equity+Access - Featuring some of the best minds in the field of disability rights and accessibility.
- FluxYeah! - Our vibrant and evergrowing Slack workspace, keeping our members connected and engaged with a daily dose of knowledge sharing, industry news, and latest trends.
- FluxHours! - A group of local selfless professionals volunteering to provide 1:1 sessions to help community members.
- YourPortfolioSUX - A fun way to participate and practice critique sessions. Because every UX professional needs help with portfolio reviews.
That's my school...
One day I'll graduate.
In a not-so-distant past…
Sapient Global Markets, New York City
Consulted with various Wall Street banks to accelerate embedded design teams with Lean UX practices.
Reuters, Boston/New York City
Contributed as the first certified ScrumMaster, building cross-functional teams and creating new methods to foster collaboration among UX designers, engineers and product management.
As individual contributor
Worked on a small task force team, generating new business development ideas, pitching to executives for future industry partner meetings.
Zefer, Boston/New York
Lead several initiatives around interaction design, usability studies, and web development for clients such as Fidelity Investments, Citizens Bank, Siemens, and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
Helped dozens of small businesses take off with a clean and consistent branding set consisting of logomarks, stationery, business cards, websites, book covers, and book diagraming.
General Electric, Rio de Janeiro
My career started as an electrical designer, fresh out of technical high school, working for GE in a Six Sigma environment, learning from the best in the industry then. I was fortunate enough to have experienced the traditional technical drafting with steel nib ink pen on paper.